In May Marketplace Events held its annual corporate meeting in sunny Palm Springs, California. This year's meeting was jam-packed with ideas on how to become a cross-selling superstar, marketing and sponsorship best practices, and systems to improve day to day operations. We even invited some of our valued exhibitors for a candid Q&A session on how we as a company could improve future events.
One of the highlights of our meeting was the MPE Amazing Race. A few hours of highly competitive team building as the entire company fought to complete a series of fun and quirky tasks -- like eating insects and candy. Lots and lots of candy. Scattered around the hotel (both inside and out) the race was truly on as teams did their utmost to be first at the finish line.
The entire company was also invited to conquer their fears and ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, the world's largest rotating tramcar. At an elevation of 8,516 feet above sea level, after a 10 minute ride up the sheer cliffs of Chino Canyon, a lovely dinner awaited us.
During our opening night dinner, Tom Baugh, Lisa Kropf and Mark White announced the 2015 Marketplace Events Award Winners:
Tom Baugh’s "CEO Award of Appreciation"
- Stacey Charkow
- Marc Gary
- Kevin Grace
- Laura Groninger
- Dorothy Maver
- Cristian Moore
- Brooke Parks
- Martin Egli
- Liz Harper
- Sarah Girard
- Cathy Berthold
- Terri Higgins
- Stephanie Wyrobek
- Bonnie Finer
Highest Sales by an Exhibit Sales Consultant above Sales Target
- Gordon Cox, Exhibit Sales Consultant
- 2015 Ottawa Home + Garden Show
Highest Sales by a Show Team above Sales Target
- 2014 Deseret News Fall Home Show
Most New Business Sold
- Laura Martin, Exhibit Sales Consultant
- 2015 Denver Home Show
Highest Local Sponsorship Dollars Sold
- Marie-Claude Blais
- 2015 Montreal National Home Show
Highest % of Profit Dollar-for-Dollar
- 2015 Oklahoma City Home + Garden Show
Highest Year-on-Year Growth in Contribution
- 2014 AIMExpo, Cinnamon Kernes
- 2015 Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo, Rosanna Hrabnicky
Highest On-Site Renewals (3-5 day shows)
Highest On-Site Renewals (6+ day shows)
- 2015 Great Big Home + Garden Show
- 2015 Indianapolis Home Show
Highest Increase in Attendance
- 2015 Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo
- Rosanna Hrabnicky, Shelly Gepfert, Shalini Mitchell
Highest Exhibitor Satisfaction Rating
- 2015 Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
Highest Consumer Satisfaction Rating
- 2015 Edmonton Home + Garden Show
Congratulations to all our award winners!
US Shows | Canadian Shows
Visit HomeandGardenBlog.com for tips + trends!